Finnish companies Kiilto and PPO-Elektroniikka Oy have combined their expertise and developed an environmentally friendly
fire-fighting chemical PPO® ForExt for stopping forest and wildfires. PPO ForExt has a flame-retardant effect: it puts out the fire
and prevents it from spreading forward. More information: Tel. +358 9 566 09211 or +358 400 420393, e-mail: -.
• Mix with water spread on the outer edges of the forest fire.
• Stops fire and prevents it from spreading forward.
• Sprayed from helicopters/aeroplanes/fire trucks into the area.
• Stops the further flow of fire into buildings.
• Suitable for small-scale fire extinguishing, such as ensuring the extinguishing of campfires and protecting buildings and courtyards in the fire area.
• Reduce morbidity and mortality from forest fires and small particles.
• Saves forests – the lungs of the world.
• Protects wild animals and valuable, diverse vegetation.
• Prevents considerable damages to property and assets.
PPO ForExt was tested in a real forest fire in Kalajoki, Finland / July 2021. The chemical mixed with water effectively prevented
the fire from spreading forward.
Kiilto Oy is responsible for the manufacture of the product and PPO-Elektroniikka Oy for its marketing and the development of the spreading technique.
PPO-Elektroniikka Oy specialises in professional electronics and security technology. The company has been producing tailored technology solutions to improve safety and minimise damage for 40 years. Representing the company’s own production, the MEV insulation level monitoring system monitors the electrical safety of operating rooms 24/7. The fifth-generation MEV-8 system is already being exported to 17 countries. The PPO team has been supplying Finnish water mist extinguishing systems to more than a hundred large sites in Russia since the early 2000s.
Kiilto is a growing Finnish family-owned company with a hundred-year history. The company develops, manufactures and markets chemical industry solutions in four business areas: construction, industrial bonding, professional hygiene and consumer goods. Kiilto develops environmentally friendly fire retardants, for example, for the wood industry and the paper and packaging industry.
Kiilto, Tomi Takala, Business Director of Industrial Fastening Solutions, tel. 050 382 9208, -
PPO-Elektroniikka Oy, CEO Timo Ohtonen, tel. 0400 420 393, -
PPO ForExt has a flame-retardant effect: puts out the fire and prevents it from spreading forward.